Thursday, August 9, 2007

Prayers... The Short Parable

Two men were in a car when they had to stop at a red signal light. The man at the wheel did not say anything.

The other man by his side, fretting and smoking, said, "The time we waste at these red lights - why, a man could write a book!

"The driver still said nothing.

Finally the man beside him said, "Didn't you hear what I said?"

"No."

"How come?"

"I was talking."

"Whom were you talking to?"

"I was talking to my SOUL," he said. "I've been making it a practice every time I get to a red light to pray for one of my friends. It is wonderful how many folks I have on my prayer list and how many I have time to pray for in this way."

"Prayer is an act in which we give expressions to the pressings and powerful wishes and hopes in the depths of our being and yearn for their fulfillment. Human beings possess an innate and undeniable instinct for prayer; Religion first came into being in response to it. Prayer did not come into existence becoz of religion; it was the other way around. -Daisaku Ikeda

Pray for me .... For everyone you know.... For everybody in this world... for PEACE

No comments: